CCDC Cuve de Caillé Didactique, Contrôlée par Ordinateur (PC)
The Computer Controlled Teaching Curdling Tank, "CCDC", is employed to curdle milk in a tank with a water jacket and includes a set of accessories for the stirring, cutting and draining of the product.
The Computer Controlled Teaching Curdling Tank, "CCDC", is employed to curdle milk, which is an essential process to make cheese.
The unit has tank, water jacket, coil with one inlet and outlet for the water of the boiler, inlet for the water of the jacket, overflow, valve for the whey drainage and set of accessories for the stirring, cutting and draining of the product.
Pasteurized milk coming from a cooled milk tank is poured in the inner tank of the unit. Milk is heated to 30 – 32 °C with a water jacket with stainless steel coil, using water or steam in a closed circuit.
The unit includes a bridge with a shifter-gearmotor group that enables the displacement of the motor (computer controlled) along the unit in both directions. Thus, milk is stirred and the curd is automatically cut.
There are two temperature sensors to measure water and milk temperature. Water in the jacket is introduced through a filling/draining inlet. This inlet allows the draining of the water from the jacket as well. Air accumulated in the jacket and the excess water of the jacket is displaced through the overflow.
The whey outlet valve is employed to remove the excess whey after the curdling process.
Two transparent guards with safety interlocks protect students and allow the visibility of the practical exercises and components of the unit.
The unit includes set of accessories for the stirring, cutting and draining of the product. These accessories are: curd knives and stirrer and rising and prepressing plates attachable to the mechanized bridge.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Des exercices et pratiques guidées
EXERCICES GUIDÉS INCLUS DANS LE MANUEL
- Familiarization with the performance of a curdling tank.
- Study of the cultivation volume influence on the curdling process.
- Study of the rennet volume influence on the curdling process.
- Study of the influence of the curdling step duration on the curdling process.
- Study of the influence of velocity during the curdling step on the curdling process.
- Study of the influence of temperature during the curdling step on the curdling process.
- Study of the influence of the cutting step duration on the curdling process.
- Study of the influence of velocity during the cutting step on the curdling process.
- Study of the influence of temperature during the cutting step on the curdling process.
- Sensors calibration.
PLUS D'EXERCICES PRATIQUES À EFFECTUER AVEC CETTE ÉQUIPEMENT
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the CCDC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the CCDC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.