MDLE Unité d'Étude des Méthodes pour Déterminer la Ligne Élastique
The Unit for studying Methods to Determine the Elastic Line, "MDLE", allows to compare different methods to determine the elastic line of a statically determinate or indeterminate beam.
The Unit for studying Methods to Determine the Elastic Line, "MDLE", consists of set of beams, several supports (with clamp fixing and dial gauges, and with force gauge), a device to generate a bending moment, fixed pulleys, dial gauges and a set of weights with weight holders.
A beam can be supported by different methods. Two supports with clamp fixing and a dial gauge are provided to realice statically determinate or indeterminate systems. They can also be used as articulated supports. These dial gauges enable the angle of inclination of the beam to be determined at the support.
One support with a force gauge measures the deflection of the beam at a random point, and a device is provided to generate a bending moment at a random point on the beam. A fourth dial gauge measures the angle of inclination of the device.
The unit includes a dial gauge, which is situated in the upper side of the beam, and several fixed pulleys situated in the upper side of the unit frame.
The beam is placed under load by weights located on weight holders. The bending moment is generated by a point load and coupled forces. The clamping moment on the supports can be determined by means of weights.
Several weight sets are used to subject the beam to point loads or moments, and to determine the clamping moments on the supports with clamp fixings.
Des exercices et pratiques guidées
EXERCICES GUIDÉS INCLUS DANS LE MANUEL
- Study of different methods to predict the deformation of a simple bar under load: Principle of virtual work, Mohr's method, etc.
- Study of the principle of superposition.
- Comparison of different methods to determine the elastic line: Principle of virtual work, Mohr's analogy.
- Study of the statically determine and indeterminate systems.
- Determination of elastic lines for statically determinate or indeterminate beams under load.
- Determination of the elastic line of a beam under load by the principle of virtual work (calculation).
- Determination of the elastic line of a beam under load by Mohr's method (graphical representation).
- Study of several load cases to different bending moment: point load or bending moment.
- Application of the principle of superposition of the beam under loads and moments.
- Determination of the maximum deflection of the beam under load.
- Determination of the angle of inclination of the beam under load.
- Comparison between calculated and theoretical values for angle of inclination and deflection of the beam under load.