The Modular System for Acquisition and Control consists of a housing or rack in which various electronic cards are connected: communication, measurement, switching, etc. This Modular System is designed for the consumer to make their own combinations and obtain something unique that meets their needs.
EDIBON tries to meet the academic demands for teaching and learning in an easy and practical way.
With the Modular System for Acquisition and Control, "MSAC", students carry out experiments that clearly show them the laws of Hydraulics, Newton´s laws, the principle of conservation of energy, etc. and they gain a valuable experience in the use of instrumentation and tools, in a natural, pleasant and uncomplicated way.
"MSAC" is composed of a control box and several Sensor Modules. This allows the users to set up their own acquisition and control system.
Besides, the user has the possibility to purchase more sensor modules or change the version of the Control Interface later if necessary.
The control box is available in two formats depending on the unit and the number of sensors to be measured at the same time. The PCIe Control Interface version is used to measure a wide range of sensors. Signals from sixteen sensors can be acquired at the same time. In contrast, the USB Control Interface version provides a plug and play environment. It supports an acquisition of eight sensors simultaneously.
The "MSAC" has different types of sensor modules depending on the units and field of study. These modules do not belong to a specific unit, that is to say, they can be exchanged and used with several units:
- MSAC-S01: This module is used to measure the physical quantity of temperature.
- MSAC-S02: This module is used to measure the physical quantities of force and pressure.
- MSAC-S03: This module is used to measure the physical quantities of flow and velocity.
- MSAC-S04: This module is used to measure the physical quantity of distance.
- MSAC-S05: This module is used to measure the physical quantity of strain.
The "MSAC" includes actuator modules depending on the element to be controlled. The actuator modules can be exchanged and used with several units, just like the sensor modules:
- MSAC-A01: This module is used to control the velocity and position of an electric motor.
- MSAC-A02: This module is used to control actuators, such as relays for valves and pumps.
- MSAC-A03: This module is used to control mechanical elements that require a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC).