MEER Unité d'Étude de Rotation d'Axes
The Whirling of Shafts Unit, "MEER", is a unit manufactured by EDIBON to demonstrate and determine different modes of oscillation and resonance of shafts with continuous distribution of mass under different conditions.
The operation of the Whirling of Shafts Unit, "MEER", starts when the potentiometer of the console is activated.
This potentiometer delivers electric power to the motor, which starts to rotate at a specific frequency. As the power delivered increases, the motor will rotate quicker.
This speed is obtained from the reading of the velocity sensor.
The rotation of the motor is transferred by an elastic coupling to a fixed support with a mandrel. The rotation is transferred from that support to the fixed shaft.
Several supports are located along the shafts under study to establish different configurations with fixed or articulated supports. These restrictions imposed on the shafts will determine the way in which they oscillate.
Des exercices et pratiques guidées
EXERCICES GUIDÉS INCLUS DANS LE MANUEL
- Visualization of different modes of oscillation in a shaft.
- Influence of the rotating speed of the shaft. Critical speed and operation speed.
- Speed of the modes of vibration of a rotor shaft in function of different distances between supports.
- Speed of the modes of vibration of a rotor shaft in function of different diameters of the shaft.
- Speed of the modes of vibration of a rotor shaft in function of different conditions in the ends.
- Study of a Laval rotor: critical speed and auto-centering.
- Critical speed of the shaft with concentrated load in function of the position of the mass.
PLUS D'EXERCICES PRATIQUES À EFFECTUER AVEC CETTE ÉQUIPEMENT
- Demonstration of basic whirling.