TFAC Turbine à Écoulement Axial, Contrôlée par Ordinateur (PC)
The Computer Controlled Axial Flow Turbine, "TFAC", designed by EDIBON, consists of a turbine with an axial flow input, which allows fundamental tests to be carried out to study the parameters and characteristic curves of an axial flow turbine.
The Computer Controlled Axial Flow Turbine, "TFAC", consists of a small-scale turbine with single-stage axial flow input. It has eight nozzles that act as water rings to the rotor, four of which have an incidence angle of 20º and the other four of 30º. In this way, it is possible to study the differences in the working regime by varying the entry angles into the turbine through eight valves that allow the water to pass to the different nozzles.
In order to raise the fluid, it has a computer controlled pump that enables the impelled flow to pass through the turbine, in which part of its energy is left, causing the turbine to turn, overcoming the external resistance caused by an electromagnetic brake. This computer controlled brake makes it possible to vary the braking load on the turbine.
In addition, the unit is equipped with a pressure sensor placed at the turbine water inlet which measures the inlet pressure, a flow sensor to measure the turbine water inlet flow, an optical sensor which determines the speed of the turbine shaft and has two pressure sensors at the pump inlet and outlet, in order to obtain its characteristic curve.
The pump-turbine group has a tank and a pipes system which allow to work constantly with recirculated fluid to avoid the indiscriminate water consumption.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Des exercices et pratiques guidées
EXERCICES GUIDÉS INCLUS DANS LE MANUEL
- To determine the operating characteristics of a axial flow turbine at different speeds.
- Investigation of the conversion of hydraulic energy into mechanical energy.
- Determination of the characteristic curves of a turbine: Power M (n, Ha), Torque Nm (n, Ha), efficiency h (n, Ha).
- Determination of the characteristic curve of a hydraulic pump.
- Determination of the height of a hydraulic turbine.
- Adimensional analysis.
- Calibration of sensors.
PLUS D'EXERCICES PRATIQUES À EFFECTUER AVEC CETTE ÉQUIPEMENT
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc. in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the TPC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the TPC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.