PDDRC Unité de Processus d'Écoulement non Stationnaires dans les Réservoirs, Contrôlée par Ordinateur (PC)
The Computer Controlled Unit for Transient Drainage Processes in Storage Reservoirs, "PDDRC", allows to simulate transient drainage processes between storage reservoirs and the operation of a surge chamber.
The Computer Controlled Unit for Transient Drainage Processes in Storage Reservoirs, "PDDRC", allows to investigate transient drainage processes in storage reservoirs, to simulate a rainwater retention basin and to study the operation of a surge chamber.
The unit includes two reservoirs and a transparent surge chamber. The upper reservoir includes an adjustable weir and the lower reservoir includes an overflow and a drainage line with two valves. The surge chamber is installed in this line. The drainage line of the surge chamber includes a gate to generate water hammers.
The water inlet line to the upper reservoir includes a computer controlled pump, a valve to regulate the inlet flow and a flow sensor. The overflow and the surge chamber include two drains.
The unit allows to study three different configurations and several experiments: consecutive storage reservoirs, rainwater retention basin and surge chamber.
In the first configuration, the transient drainage processes are shown in two storage reservoirs, where the lower reservoir is behind the upper reservoir. The upper reservoir simulates a storage reservoir, where the adjustable weir is used as a free overfall. The lower reservoir simulates a storage reservoir with overflow.
The delayed drainage processes can be studied in the "rainwater retention basin" configuration. The upper reservoir simulates a drainage channel with a gate, which is simulated with the adjustable weir. The lower reservoir simulates a rainwater retention basin and the discharge is adjusted by using two valves in the drainage line.
A water hammer is produced in the "surge chamber" configuration by rapidly closing the gate in the drainage pipe. The oscillation can be seen as a pendulum movement of the water level in the surge chamber.
The water level in the two reservoirs and the water level fluctuations in the surge chamber are measured by three pressure sensors. These measurements allow to represent the pressure curves and course of the water levels.
The unit includes a protective cover to prevent spillages.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Des exercices et pratiques guidées
EXERCICES GUIDÉS INCLUS DANS LE MANUEL
- Study of the main drainage processes between storage reservoirs.
- Demonstration of transient drainage processes in two consecutive storage reservoirs.
- Determination of discharge in two consecutive storage reservoirs.
- Demonstration of transient drainage processes in a rainwater retention basin.
- Measure of the oscillations of the surge chamber.
- Measure of the natural frequency of the surge chamber.
- Measure of the water level fluctuations.
- Sensors calibration.
PLUS D'EXERCICES PRATIQUES À EFFECTUER AVEC CETTE ÉQUIPEMENT
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the PDDRC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the PDRRC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.