TDRC Unité de Démonstration du Contrôle de Bruit, Contrôlée par Ordinateur (PC)
The Computer Controlled Noise Control Demonstration Unit, "TDRC", provides a simple way to demonstrate the principles and problems of these procedures and installations.
The Computer Controlled Noise Control Demonstration Unit, "TDRC", has been specifically designed to obtain visual and quantitative results related to noise and vibration control.
The main parts of the unit are two noise sources consisting of a motor with a gearbox and a fan. The rotational speed of both sources can be computer controlled resulting in a variable noise.
The two noise sources are mounted on a platform supported by four anti-vibration mounts (silentblocks) with a device for varying the flexibility of these mounts. The device consists of a crank attached to a screw threaded into the base unit. The crank allows the screw to be controlled in such a way that the head of the screw pushes the platform supported by the silentblocks.
A rigid stainless steel enclosure is supplied in which an acoustic test lining can be fitted to check the noise reduction produced. Both vessels have holes to make it easier to place plugs of different materials (PVC and rock wool) and pipes supplied.
At the base of the unit there is an adjustment mechanism to ensure the correct position of the rigid enclosure and to check how good sealing and adjustment can reduce noise.
An eccentric rotor can be attached to the noise source of the motor with gearbox to increase the vibratory response. A steel bar can also be attached to the support platform to act as an inertia block to study how to reduce the noise and motion of the vibrating source.
Using the fan noise source, two pipes through which air moves can be attached to the rigid enclosure to simulate the noise generated by an air conditioning system. Both pipes have acoustic attenuation material and two inner empty tubes running inside the linings to control the effective length of the lining and check that the silencing effect is reduced when the empty tubes are fully fitted.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Des exercices et pratiques guidées
EXERCICES GUIDÉS INCLUS DANS LE MANUEL
- Demonstration of noise and vibration control.
- Demonstration of noise attenuation using a rigid enclosure together with an acoustically absorbent lining.
- Study of the effects of mass variation on the noise produced by a resiliently mounted noise source.
- Demonstration of the decrease in effectiveness of the absorbent material due to minor imperfections in the construction.
- Study of the transmission of noise along pipes and the methods of attenuation using acoustic linings.
- Study of the effects of using different (insulating or absorbent) materials in the sealing of openings.
- Study of the effects of the use of anti-vibration mounts.
- Sensors calibration.
PLUS D'EXERCICES PRATIQUES À EFFECTUER AVEC CETTE ÉQUIPEMENT
- Study of the rigid body modes of vibration of a resiliently mounted source (flashing or strobe light required).
- Study of the effects of mass variation on rigid body modes of vibration of a resiliently mounted source (flashing or strobe light required).
Other possibilities to be done with this Unit:
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the TDRC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the TDRC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.