TEVC Computer Controlled Ventilation Unit
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Study of typical components, fabrication, installation and assembly techniques used in air handling systems.
- Study of pressure losses in beds, branches, changes of section and over straight lengths of duct, together with the variation in pressure drop with velocity.
- Measurement of air flow rate.
- Study of standard types of panel a bag filters and their pressure drop against velocity.
- Determination of the "k" factor for the pressure loss of the components in each particular configuration.
- Study of the fan pressure and volume flow characteristics at various supply voltages.
- Balancing of air flow distribution in a series or two branch parallel distribution system using either main damper or fan speed flow control.
- Sensors calibration.
MORE PRACTICAL EXERCISES TO BE DONE WITH THE UNIT
- The optional Extra ducting kit B (TEVC/B) allows an additional parallel branch and two diffusers to be studied.
- The optional Extra ducting kit C (TEVC/C) allows an additional tee branch and two diffusers to be studied.
- The optional Ductwork leakage tester (TEVC/D) allows students to carry out commissioning leak testing on the components.