TSAC Computer Controlled Air Conditioning Unit with Climatic Chamber
The objective of the Computer Controlled Air Conditioning Unit with Climatic Chamber, "TSAC", is to introduce the student into the complex field of air conditioning systems, as well as to study and determine the optimum parameters for the operation of the unit in function of the environmental demands (humidity, heat, temperature and refrigeration, etc.)
The Computer Controlled Air Conditioning Unit with Climatic Chamber, "TSAC", designed by EDIBON, is clearly arranged and represents a complete air conditioning system with an air duct and a climatic chamber.
The main components of the air conditioning system are the air cooler with condensing unit, fan, steam humidifier and air heater.
The air cooled condensing unit includes a compressor, condenser and expansion valve.
Three motorized ventilation flaps control the air distribution in the air conditioning system.
The climatic chamber is equipped with two different heat sources (wet and dry).
For the refrigeration circuit two manometers with integrated temperature scale and a flow meter provide all relevant measurements.
The SCADA software developed by EDIBON has a data acquisition system and a climatic controller that enables the automation of the air conditioning system, offering great teaching advantages. The software regulates the components, so the temperature and humidity preset by the user are reached inside the climatic chamber. Besides, the software of the "TSAC" unit allows versus time:
The recording, analysis and representation of all the measured values.
The representation in the psychrometric chart of the obtained humidity values.
The selection of the periods of use of the air conditioning system for each day in a time program.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Study of the operation and behaviour of an air conditioningsystem.
- Study of an air conditioning system and its components.
- Recirculating and outer air operation.
- Mixing different air flows.
- Study of the conditioning room air.
- Demonstration of the processes of air heating, cooling,humidifying and dehumidifying.
- Representation in the h-x diagram for humid air: heating andcooling, humidifying and dehumidifying.
- Representation of the circuit in the log p-h diagram.
- Humidity control.
- Temperature control.
- Study of the effect of a cooling load (dry and wet).
- Study of different control and automation solutions in an airconditioning system.
- Study of the effect of recirculating and outer air operation.
- Familiarization and use of the automatic solution via software forthe air conditioning system.
- Representation of:
- Humidity (relative and absolute).
- Air speed.
- Heating capacity of the heat source (latent heat and sensitiveheat).
- Position of the ventilation flaps.
- Operating phases of air cooler.
- Operating phases of air heater.
- Operating phases of air fan.
- Operating phases of air humidifier.
- Sensors calibration.
MORE PRACTICAL EXERCISES TO BE DONE WITH THE UNIT
- Example of the air properties determination.
- Usage of psychrometric chart.
- Determination of the airflow.
- Properties of the Refrigerant R-513a.
- Enthalpy-Pressure diagram for the refrigerant R-513a.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the TSAC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the TSAC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.