The "RYC-pH" pH Control module has been designed to study a practical control system, through the pH dissolution control in a stirred tank.
The "RYC-pH" module consists of two main components: "RYC-pH" apparatus and "RYC-pH" interface box. The "RYC-pH" apparatus contains all the sensors and actuators such as pumps for the acid and for the base circuit, stirred tank, pH meter, etc. The "RYC-pH" interface box contains all necessary components for power supplying, signal conditioning, etc.
The components are used in conjunction with the "RYC" unit to control the pH of a pH dissolution inside a stirred tank, through the control of the flow rate of one of the circuits, keeping constant the flow rate of the other circuit.
The system allows to insert disturbances manually.
- Familiarization with the main module components.
- Analyze the transient response of the system.
- Analyze the system response in open loop.
- Analyze the system response in closed loop.
- pH level control with a P, PI, PD and PID controller.
- Setting and optimizing the parameters of the PID control.
- Analysis of the different responses of the system to modifications of PID parameters.
- Study of the disturbances in a controlled system with a PID controller.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the RYC-pH unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the RYC-pH unit process.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.