The "RYC-TE" Temperature Control module has been designed to study a practical control system, through the control of the water temperature in a tank.
The "RYC-TE" module consists of two main components: the "RYC-TE" apparatus and the "RYC-TE" interface box. The "RYC-TE" apparatus contains all the sensors and actuators such as temperature sensor, flow meter, water pump, heating element, etc. and the "RYC-TE" interface box contains all necessary components for power supplying, signal conditioning, etc.
The components are used in conjunction with the "RYC" unit to control the water temperature of a tank, through the control of the water flow of the water circuit.
The system allows to insert disturbances manually, through the variation of the power of the heating element.
- Characterization of the temperature in a tank.
- Control of the temperature of a tank using a PID controller.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the RYC-TE unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the RYC-TE unit process.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.