The "RYC-CLM" Magnetic Levitation Control module has been designed to study a practical control system.
The "RYC-CLM" module consists of two main components: the "RYC-CLM" apparatus and the "RYC-CLM" interface box. The "RYC-CLM" apparatus contains all the sensors and actuators such as electromagnet, current sensor, position sensor, etc. The "RYC-CLM" interface box contains all necessary components for power supplying, signal conditioning, etc.
The components are used in conjunction with the "RYC" unit to control the vertical position of the metallic ball through the control of the feeding current of the electromagnet.
The system allows to insert disturbances manually
- Characterization of the electrical subsystem.
- PID control of the electrical subsystem.
- PID control of the ball position.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc. in real time.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the RYC-CLM unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the RYC-CLM unit process.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.