PEFC Computer Controlled Flocculation Test Unit
The Computer Controlled Flocculation Test Unit, "PEFC", allows to study the coagulation and flocculation operations and to analyze the main parameters that determine the colloids removal operation.
The Computer Controlled Flocculation Test Unit, "PEFC", shows the removal of dissolved substances by coagulation and flocculation.
It has six beakers where water to be tested is poured. Each one has one adjustable speed paddle stirrer.
The unit is illuminated from the base or from the rear side to allow a clear visualization of the supernatant particles.
The instrumentation of the unit allows to determine temperature, pH, conductivity and total dissolved solids to set, thus, the optimum conditions for flocculation.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Determination of optimum coagulant dosage.
- Study of coagula formation regarding to the mixing time and the agitation speed.
- Determination of optimum Ph.
- Coagulation test in conjunction with activated carbon.
- Sensors calibration.
MORE PRACTICAL EXERCISES TO BE DONE WITH THE UNIT
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivate parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the PEFC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the PEFC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.