EEDB Brinell Hardness Testing Unit
The Brinell Hardness Testing Unit, "EEDB" allows Brinell hardness measurement on different materials.
The Brinell Hardness Testing Unit, "EEDB", is a hardness tester that determines Brinell hardness in metals, hard alloys, tempered steels, etc. Besides, it can be used with other materials, such as rigid plastics, bakelite, etc.
A penetrating ball of specific diameter is used in the Brinell hardness test to press the surface of the test piece with a specific force. After the test force is held for a determined time, such test force is removed and the average diameters of the indentations on the surface of the specimen are measured with a microscope.
Brinell hardness number is obtained by dividing the force of the test multiplied by the area of the spherical shape marked by the indenter by the diameter of the indentation printed on the specimen.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- To learn how to use the instrumentation to perform hardness tests.
- Study and familiarization with Brinell hardness test equipment.
- Brinell hardness measurement on different materials.
- To observe the behaviur of diverse materials under different loads applied.
- To know the types of standard test pieces for these types of tests.
- To know the types of standard indenters for these types of tests.