QMS Solids Handling Study Unit
The Solids Handling Study Unit "QMS" is designed to introduce the students in different aspect of solids behaviour, unit operations as size reduction, mixing, transport, discharge, weighing, etc.
The Solids Handling Study Unit "QMS" is designed to introduce the students in different aspect of solids behaviour, unit operations as size reduction, mixing, transport, discharge, weighing, etc. The unit consists of a bench on which are mounted several elements: ball mill, shaker and sieves, V-blender, cyclone, rotary cylinder, balance, etc. Operations object of study and the elements used for it:
- Size reduction: Ball mill with various sizes of balls.
- Analysis of grain measure by sieve: vibratory sieve and other sieves.
- Solids blending: V-Blender.
- Solids conveyor: Pneumatic conveyor.
- Solids separation: Cyclone.
- Solids storage: Rotary cylinder.
- Solids unloading: Hoppers and collecting tray.
- Solids properties: Graduated test tube.
- Solids weighing: Balance (scale).
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Sieving techniques.
- Granulometric analysis by sieving.
- Study of size reduction.
- Classification study according to the size.
- Milling: Ball mill. Observation of the comminution of solids processed through a ball mil.
- Study of the angle of repose and demonstration of stratification.
- Study of the apparent density.
- Study of the effect of mixture content.
- Determination of bulk solids parameters of density.
- Solids unloading study in hoppers.
- Cyclone operation. Solids separation.
- Pneumatic conveying.
- Study of solids mixing.
- Solids weighing.
MORE PRACTICAL EXERCISES TO BE DONE WITH THE UNIT
- Mixer operation.
- Sieves operation.
- No related products at this time