MSH Simple Hydraulic Unit
The Simple Hydraulic Unit, "MSH", has been designed to demonstrate how a fluid can be used to transmit a force and to study the relationships between the force on the pistons, the cross-sectional area of the pistons and the fluid pressure in the unit.
The Simple Hydraulic Unit, "MSH", has been designed for studies related to mechanical engineering and motor vehicles. It is used to demonstrate how a liquid can be used to transmit a force.
The unit can also be used to conduct experiments to study the relationships between the force on the pistons, the cross-sectional area of the pistons and the fluid pressure in the unit.
The unit consists of three cylinders and pistons whose cross sections are in the ratio 1, 2 and 6. These three cylinders and the pressure gauge are connected in parallel. With the ON/OFF keys included in the circuit, any of the cylinder units can be isolated from the unit.
Load hangers are supplied.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Study of a hydraulic unit.
- Analysis of the force transmitted by a hydraulic unit.
- Study of the operation of a hydraulic piston.
- Use of a fluid to transmit a force.
- Study of the relations between:
- The force on the pistons.
- The transversal area of the pistons.
- The pressure of the fluid in the unit.