AEL-AE5 Protection Relays Control Application
The Protection Relays Control Application, "AEL-AE5", is designed with the aim to understand the working of protection relays.
The Protection Relays Control Application, "AEL-AE5", is designed with the aim to understand the working of protection relays. This application is formed by the next kind of relays: over current relays, which open the circuit when it detects a high level of current previously configured, and the leakage grounding relay, is capable to detect possible leakages to ground.
To measure the currents, it is included current protection transformers, and to control the system, a three-pole contactor.
Thus, the student can understand the working of the protection relays and simulate some scenes, such as, leakage grounding, through the elements included in this application.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Checking the woking of the main power supply.
- Checking the woking of the auxiliary power supply.
- Start up of a three-phase contactor.
- Calculation of the transformation ratio of a toroid.
- Start up of an overcurrent relay.
- Start up of an earth leakage relay.