FME09 Flow Visualization in Channels
The module consists of a transparent methacrylate channel with an overflow pipe on top and an adjustable plate in the discharge end.
The module consists of a transparent methacrylate channel with an overflow pipe on top and an adjustable plate in the discharge end. This plate allows for regulating the flow level.
The water is supplied to the channel by the pulse mouth of the Hydraulics Bench (FME00) or the Basic Hydraulic Feed System (FME00/B), by means of a flexible pipe, passes through a damping tank that eliminates the turbulences.
It has a colouring injection system consisting of a tank, a flow control valve and some needles that allow a better visualization of the flow around the different hydrodynamic models, which have to be placed in the middle of the channel.
Module levelling through adjustable feet.
Several hydrodynamic models are given to study the flow around them.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Leakage of liquids by thin-wall weirs.
- Liquid leakage by thick-wall weirs.
- Models with wing profile submerged in a fluid current.
- Circular models submerged in a fluid current.
- Demonstration of the phenomenon associated to the flow in open channels.
- Visualization of the flow lines around different submerged hydrodynamic models.