TCMC Computer Controlled Thermal Conductivity of Building and Insulating Materials Unit
The Computer Controlled Thermal Conductivity of Building and Insulating Materials Unit, "TCMC", is designed to determinate the thermal conductivity of a wide range of materials used in buildings and other insulating materials.
The Computer Controlled Thermal Conductivity of Building and Insulating Materials Unit, "TCMC", is a unit employed to measure thermal conductivity of low-conductivity materials, such as insulating materials.
This unit is a calibrated instrument that complies with the ISO 8301, ASTM C518, DIN EN 12667 and JIS A1412 standards.
With the TCMC unit, samples measuring 30.5 cm x 30.5 cm and of variable thicknesses, ranging from a few millimeters to 10 cm. They are tested between two heat flux sensors in fixed or adjustable temperature gradients. After a few minutes for the system to reach equilibrium, the unit determines the thermal conductivity and thermal resistance of the sample.
The Computer Controlled Thermal Conductivity of Building and Insulating Materials Unit, "TCMC", can operate as a stand-alone instrument, without the assistance of a computer. The unit includes a printer and produces a summary report, with the test results. Thecooling system works with a Peltier cooling system and requires no external chiller or water supply, thereby improving reliability and avoiding maintenance cost and time.
Automatic plate movement and determination of the sample thickness facilitate tests preparation. In addition, the unit comes with a transducer, allowing the measurement of the actual specimen’s thickness within few seconds.
The plate temperature control system and dual heat flux sensors quickly provide accurate data. The user places the sample between two plates and defines the mean sample temperature and temperature drop. The plate temperatures are controlled by bidirectional Heating/Cooling Peltier systems, coupled with a closed loop fluid flow and an integrated forced air heat exchanger.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Study of the thermal conductivity of calibrated materials.
- Determination of the density of different materials.
- Determination of the thermal conductivity of different materials.
- Determination of the thermal resistance.
- Sensors calibration.
MORE PRACTICAL EXERCISES TO BE DONE WITH THE UNIT
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control.
- This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivate parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions
- Control of the TCMC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the TCMC unit process.
- Several others exercises can be done and designed by the user