The Squirrel Cage Induction Motors Starter Application, "AEL-SCIMS", is an application designed by EDIBON to study the starting and control methods of three-phase squirrel cage induction motors in industrial installations.
These motors are one of the most widely used in the industry. It is for this reason that this application will allow to study in depth the different starting and operation methods most used today. For this purpose, this application includes a series of modules designed to perform star-delta starting, direct starting with reversing and variable frequency drive starting.
This application includes an eddy current brake to study the response of the induction motor to different load conditions. The eddy current brake includes a variable DC power supply with which the user can control the braking torque. When the braking torque increases, the power consumption of the induction motor also increases, the power factor changes, etc. To analyze the power consumption of the induction motor, a network analyzer is included which displays the main electrical parameters relevant to industrial installations: voltages, currents, frequencies, power factor, active power, reactive power, apparent power, etc.
For advanced electrodynamic testing of electrical machines, it is recommended to acquire the Control and Data Acquisition System Software for Electrical Machines, "EM-SCADA", together with the "AEL-SERIN/CA-1KW" application. This advanced software allows monitoring of voltage, current, torque and speed waveforms for in-depth study of the tested electrical machines.
The "AEL-SERIN/CA-1KW" application will allow to dynamically load the shaft of the squirrel cage induction motor. It is a servomotor with its respective controller that will allow to vary the mechanical load on the shaft in order to study its behavior in the whole spectrum of its torque/ speed curve. In this way it will be possible to observe the influence of this load on the electrical and mechanical parameters of the motor.
- Advanced programming of a variable frequency controller.
- Manual control speed of the induction motor with the frequency controller.
- Direct and inverse operations with the induction motor and the frequency controller.
- Programming of the acceleration time of the induction motor with the frequency controller.
- Programming of the deceleration time of the induction motor with the frequency controller.
- Programming different conditions with digital inputs in the frequency controller to simulate different real situations in the industry.
- Programming the speed response of the induction motor with the frequency controller.
- Study of power consumption of the induction motor increasing the braking torque.
- Study of different alarms that can be programmed in the frequency controller.
- Manual star-delta starter operation.
- Direct starter with inversion operation.
- Direct starter operation.
Some practical exercises possibilities with the EM-SCADA and AEL-SERIN/CA-1KW:
- Visualization of torque/current vs speed of the induction motor with manual star/delta starter.
- Visualization of torque/current vs speed of the induction motor with the frequency controller.
- Visualization of torque/current vs speed of the induction motor with direct starter.
- Comparison of graphs with different starting types.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.