MTE2 Epicyclic Gear Unit (2 elements)
The Epicyclic Gear Unit (2 elements), "MTE2", consists of two coupled epicyclic gears sets.
The Epicyclic Gear Unit (2 elements), "MTE2", consists of two coupled epicyclic gears sets. It will allow the students to carry out experiments of different gear ratios, as well as the torque conversions.
The epicyclic gears installed in the "MTE2", unit are the same and they consists of the following elements:
- Sun gears (Z=21).
- Satellite gears set (Z=21).
- Ring (Z=63).
The unit has two graduated discs located at the input and output shafts, which will allow to check the velocity and torque ratios according to the application of the different brakes.
The power arrives to the epicyclic gears through the sun gears.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Demonstration of the function of an epicyclic gear system.
- To determine and verify the velocity and torque ratios between the input and output shafts.
- Study of the mechanical advantage and efficiency of a planetary system.
- Determination of the angular displacement at the input and output and comparison with calculated ratios.
- Determination of the minimum force at the input to move a weight at the output.Gears selection.
- First gear.
- Second gear.
- Third gear.
- Neutral.Power transmission.
- Checking the relation between the input motor torque and the output motor torque.