MEVTC Computer Controlled Torsional Vibration Unit
With the Computer Controlled Torsional Vibration Unit, "MEVTC", designed by EDIBON, the user can study the torsion and vibration phenomena to which a steel bar is subjected.
The Computer Controlled Torsional Vibration Unit, "MEVTC" is designed to study torsion suffered by some shafts with rotation motion, apart from studying the torsional rigidity and the behavior of a torsional vibration system with one, two or three discs of inertia.
The main elements of the "MEVTC" unit are a bar made of steel with a diameter of 6 mm and a series of discs of inertia, which rest on pillars with bearings. The system will behave differently in function of the arrangement and number of inertia masses acting on the unit.
The system is subjected to a vibration generated by the exciter accionado por un motor eléctrico. The excitation angles can vary. The software controls the speed of the excitation of the motor, depending on the experiment to be performed.
They measure the angle rotated by the steel bar in the position of the pillar to which it is associated. Similarly, the oscillatory motion curves that define the system are obtained from these sensors.
On the other hand, The function of that damper is to lessen the vibrations created by the exciter.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Study of the behavior of the torsional vibrations.
- Study of the oscillation frequency.
- Study of torsional vibrations of a system subjected to free torsion.
- Study of torsional vibrations of a system subjected to forced torsion.
- Calculation of the damping coefficient of a system subjected to torsional vibration.
- Study of the resonance and phase shift in a system around its operation in the natural frequency.
- Study of the behavior of the torsional vibrations of a system with two and three discs of inertia.
- Determination of the torsional rigidity of a bar subjected to torsion ("B type" set of weights is required).
- Determination of the modulus of rigidity of a torsion bar ("B type" set of weights is required).
- Sensors calibration.
MORE PRACTICAL EXERCISES TO BE DONE WITH THE UNIT
Additional practical possibilities:
- Determination of the moment of inertia of an inertia disc.
Other possibilities to be done with this Unit:
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the MEVTC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the MEVTC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.