PHCC Computer Controlled Hydrocyclone
The Computer Controlled Hydrocyclone, "PHCC", has been designed to study the removal of suspended solids from a liquid. The fluid flowing through the unit is a mixture of water and suspended solids. The mixture is prepared in an initial tank with the aid of a computer controlled stirrer.
The Computer Controlled Hydrocyclone, "PHCC", has been designed to study the removal of suspended solids from a liquid.
The fluid flowing through the unit is a mixture of water and suspended solids. The mixture is prepared in an initial tank with the aid of a computer controlled stirrer.
A computer controlled pump impels the liquid through the whole circuit till reaching the cyclone. The flow can be controlled through a valve and a bypass circuit. There is a flow sensor at the inlet of the hydrocyclone and a pressure sensor.
When the mixture enters the hydrocyclone, separation starts. The liquid, with the thinner particles, is discharged through the upper tube of the cyclone, while the coarser particles leave through the bottom. Both currents return to the suspension tank, where they are mixed with the stirrer to repeat the process. The tank has a level indicator. It has sampling points at the solids outlet and at the liquid outlet.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Study of the operation of a hydrocyclone.
- Measurement of the solids flow rate at key points.
- Measurement of the liquid flow rate at key points.
- Calculation of the hydrocyclone separation quality.
- Pressure drops depending on the initial flow rate.
- Relationship between the pressure drops at the key points and the density of the solid substance.
- Sensors calibration.
MORE PRACTICAL EXERCISES TO BE DONE WITH THE UNIT
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the PHCC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the PHCC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.