This Module has been designed to teach techniques to detect the proximity of objects, focusing on the distance at which each sensor is able to detect the object and the type of material it can detect.In the upper part there is a revolving disc on which the objects to be detected are placed.
All sensors are situated in front of the disc on walls perpendicular to the disc, so that when the disc turns with an object on it, it will pass in front of each of the module sensors. A dc motor moves the disc at different speeds, which allows studying the maximum frequency the sensor is able to detect.
Elements included in the module:
- Proximity capacitive sensor.
- Hall effect sensor.
- Retroreflective optical sensor.
- Infrared transmission sensor.
- Motor DC.
- Conduction sensor.
- Inductive sensor.
- Ultrasonic sensor.
- How to use a capacitive sensor to detect metal objects as the pass in front of the sensor.
- To use a Hall effect sensor as an element to detect the presence of magnetic objects.
- Retroreflective optical sensor. To use an optical sensor that works through infrared light reflection.
- Infrared sensor by transmission. To detect objects using an Infrared sensor by light beam interruption.
- Conduction sensor. To detect magnetic objects using a REED switch sensor.
- To detect the presence of ferrous object using an inductive sensor.
- Ultrasonic sensor. To detect metallic and non-metallic object using high frequency sounds.