With "BS-5" Test Module is possible to study temperature measurement techniques using several kinds of sensors placed inside the sealed place that is used as oven.
This module is basically made up of an oven that contains a changeable speed circular fan that enables to modify the oven time constant.
The heating element that the oven has can be manually controlled or work through a triac which can be regulated with a PID.
The measurement mechanisms the oven has are 4 identical thermocouples placed at different heights. The oven also has a platinum resistance thermometer, a thermistor and a semiconducting mechanism sensitive to temperature. Using any temperature gauge or thermometer it is possible to calibrate the different sensors by introducing the thermometer through the opening the oven has at its upper part.
This module has:
- Oven chamber.
- Heating element.
- Platinum resistance thermometer.
- Semiconducting temperature sensor.
- Heating element. Raise the oven internal temperature, over the environmental temperature, using a heating element to do tests and practices related with temperature measurement.
- To use a fan as refrigerating element of the oven.
- To use thermocouples as temperature sensors elements inside the oven. Temperature measurement using a thermocouple.
- To measure temperature inside the oven using a platinum resistance thermometer.
- To measure temperature inside the oven using a thermistor temperature sensor.
- Temperature measurement using a thermistor, based on its negative temperature coefficient.
- To obtain the temperature value inside the oven using a semiconductor sensor (diode).
- PID control.