The Position Switches Application, "AEL-AD24", has been designed by EDIBON to demonstrate how the different safety switches work such us MBB (make before break), BBM (beak before make) and instantaneous micro-switch.
This kind of device consists of an actuator mechanically linked to a set of contacts. When an object comes into contact with the actuator, the device operates the contacts to make or break an electrical connection.
For instance, limit switches are used in a variety of applications and environments for their ruggedness, ease of installation, and reliability of operation. They can determine the presence or absence, passing, positioning, and end of travel of an object. They were first used to define the limit of travel of an object, hence the name Limit Switch.
This application includes all necessary elements to understand how work MBB, BBM and instantaneous switches. In addition, a series of lamps are included to show the switches´ state.
- Identify and measuring on the main power supply.
- Checking the working of auxiliary power supply.
- Checking the working of push-buttons ans pilot-lights.
- Checking the working mode of an instantaneous micro-switch module.
- Checking the working mode of a MBB micro-switch.
- Checking the working mode of the BBM micro-switch module.
- Real application of the position switch.