The main element of the Computer Controlled Two-Shaft Gas Turbine "TGDEC" is the High Pressure Turbine, which is also called Gas Generative Turbine. It consists of:
- Radial compressor, which is feeded by atmospheric air to compress it.
- Tubular combustion chamber. In every combustion there is a fuel (propane gas), a comburent, which in this case is compressed air received from the compressor, and the activation energy, which will cause the ignition of the mix.
- Expansion turbine: The inflamed gases of the combustion chamber transfer a part of the energy that they have in the turbine blades.
Compressor and turbine are mounted on the same shaft, so, when we have the system self sustaining, part of the thermal energy of the combustion gases is used to move the compressor.
The extra thermal energy of the combustion gases is driven to the Low Pressure Turbine, also called Power Turbine. In it, the rest of the combustion gases energy is transformed in mechanic energy, which is transformed in electric energy through a generator coupled to the turbine shaft.
The TGDEC unit also includes:
- Start system: It consists of a centrifugal fan driven by an electrical motor. Air provided by this fan acts on the blades of the compressor, causing the rotation of the high pressure turbine.
- Fuel system: The line of fuel gas consists of a ball valve to open or close the feeding, a pressure regulation valve, a safety solenoid valve and an injector. It includes a rotameter type flowmeter to measure de gas consumption.
- Ignition system: The activation energy of the air-fuel mix will cause the flame ignition. It consists of an ignition electrode or spark plug feeded by an ignition transformer. An ionization electrode detects that the flame is ignited.
- Lubrication system: It consists of an oil tank of 5 l. From this tank, we dispose of a gear pump to impulse the oil to the bearings of both turbine shafts. The system is completed with a filtration unit and two regulation valves to select the oil quantity to feed to each turbine.
- Refrigeration system: It consists of a plate heat exchanger and a tubular heat exchanger through which the oil transfers its heat to the refrigeration water.
The unit includes a compact interface based on an industrial Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), which allows operation from from integrated HMI touch screen. Through a portable touch screen with a Human Machine Interface (HMI) it is possible to provide local.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.