The Computer Controlled Refrigeration Circuit with Variable Load, "TRCAC", has been designed to carry out basic tests for the study of a vapor-compression refrigeration cycle with a thermal adjustable load.
The Computer Controlled Refrigeration Circuit with Variable Load, "TRCAC", is a unit designed for the study of a refrigeration cycle with an thermal adjustable load.
The unit includes all the components required for a fully operational refrigeration circuit, such as hermetic compressor, condenser, evaporator and a thermostatic expansion valve.
The condenser consists of a tube exchanger with a fan where the working fluid, in vapor phase, transfers heat while passing through the tubes. Therefore, the working fluid undergoes a phase change, to liquid state, through a condensation process.
In the evaporator, heat is exchanged from a water circuit (thermal load) to the refrigeration circuit. The evaporator consists of a tube exchanger where the working fluid changes phase until it reaches the saturated vapour state. The water circuit consists of a tank with a computer controlled heating element , allowing the water temperature in the tank to be controlled. The water at a certain temperature is driven to the evaporator by a computer controlled circulatory pump.
The main factors involved in the cycle can be measured: coolant flow, compressor power and pressure and temperature in key points of the cycle.
The circuit also includes a sight glass to observe the state of the coolant fluid, a filter, a storage vessel to ensure a proper flow of coolant in the circuit and a liquid separator to prevent liquid from entering the compressor. As a safety measure, the circuit includes a high pressure switch and a low pressure switch.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Study of the refrigeration process.
- Study of a refrigeration circuit under an adjustable load.
- Study and familiarisation with each of the components of a refrigeration system (compressor, condenser, evaporator, expansion valve, pressure switches, etc).
- Determination of the cooling power (refrigeration capacity).
- Determination of the performance coefficient.
- Study of the operating behaviour under load.
- Preparation of performance curves.
- Determination of the compressor pressure ratio.
- Measurement of the electrical power.
- Representation of the thermodynamic cycle in a P-H diagram.
- Measurement of the temperature in the main points of the refrigeration process.
- Sensors calibration.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the TRCAC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the TRCAC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.