The objective of the Computer Controlled Automobile Air Conditioning Trainer, "TAAUC", designed by EDIBON is to introduce the student into the complex world of air conditioning systems, as well as to study and determine the optimum parameters for the operation of the unit in relation to the basic functions of a car.
The Computer Controlled Automobile Air Conditioning Trainer, "TAAUC", consists, basically, of a compressor driven through a belt by a motor that simulates the engine of a car.
The number of revolutions of the engine and, therefore, the compressor, can be adjusted with a variable frequency drive.
The air supplied by the fans enters the cooling system through the condenser to undergo a refrigeration cycle through that system.
There is also an evaporator with fan, expansion valve, filter and storage tank.
Apart from the air conditions change, the unit has been designed to study the refrigeration circuit too by strategically locating temperature, pressure and flow sensors, which enable the user to study the refrigeration cycle.
All the components of the system are typical elements employed in the car industry and are directed to the practice.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Study of the typical elements of a refrigeration system.
- Simulation of the speed variation of a car.
- Cooling in function of the condenser’s fan.
- Cooling in function of the compartment inlet.
- Energy balance in the evaporator and condenser.
- Determination of the performance of the system.
- Experimental determination of the air specific heat capacity.
- Optimum determination of the parameters that take part in an air conditioning process.
- Calibration of sensors.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the TAAUC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the TAAUC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.