Food Technology is a branch of Food Science based on multidisciplinary knowledge of nutrition, chemical analysis, physics, biochemistry and engineering. Water treatment technologies obtain drinking water, so necessary for our life. Both disciplines have become in recent years an indispensable...
1200/AC00 PROCESS PLANT FOR OLIVE OIL,WITH SCADA-NET SYSTEM "ESN"
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Determination of the operative characteristics of an impulse turbine.
- Obtaining the hydraulic and mechanical powers.
- Obtaining the efficiency of the turbine.
- Production of torque/speed and power/speed curves.
MORE PRACTICAL EXERCISES TO BE DONE WITH THE UNIT
- Sensors calibration.
- Comparison of turbine performance, including specific air consumption, when using throttle control or nozzle control.
- Determination of the isentropic efficiency of a turbine and plotting the end states on a temperature/ entropy diagram.
- Application of the First Law of Thermodynamics to a simple open system undergoing a steady flow process.
- Determination of resisting torques due to frictions, at different speeds.
12.4.- PILOT PLANTS