TAVF180/100 Flow Visualization Aerodynamic Tunnel
The Flow Visualization Aerodynamic Tunnel, "TAVF180/100", consists of a vertical conduction in which an upward flow of air and smoke is induced, which passes through different models allowing to study the behavior of the flow around it.
The Flow Visualization Aerodynamic Tunnel, "TAVF180/100", consists of a vertical conduction in which an upward flow of air and smoke is induced, which passes through different models allowing to study the behavior of the flow around it. Thus it is possible to evaluate the aerodynamics of different geometries by observing the phenomena related to their boundary layer and the formation of rotational flow.
The wind tunnel is located at the suction of the fan, obtaining a laminar flow that is not affected by the rotation of the blades. In addition, the fan has a variable rotation speed allowing to vary the airflow in the working section, obtaining wind speeds from 0 to 6 m/s.
The working section consists of a transparent screen and additional LED lighting from the sides for a perfect visualization of the flow. Before the working section the air passes through a filter and a variable position flow straightener that creates defined smoke lines to favor the observation of the fluid dynamics around the models. The Flow Visualization Aerodynamic Tunnel, "TAVF180/100", includes a total of 11 models with different geometries. The front part of the working section is removable for easy exchange of the models.
At the entrance of the tunnel there is a fog generator, in which a harmless smoke is generated, which is aspirated together with air through the tunnel thanks to the fan located at the exit. The smoke is produced by the heating and evaporation of a special liquid that, although it is innocuous, requires a ventilated environment to avoid the accumulation of smoke in the room.
Optionally, there is an additional set of accessories "TAVF180/100-AS" that allows a greater number of experiments (not included). This set includes a 90º elbow, a cascade corner, a flat corner and a bench of tubes similar to a casing and tube exchanger.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Study of the aerodynamics in a commercial aircraft wing profile (NACA 2412 and NACA 0015 aerodynamic profiles).
- Study of the rotational flow in rounded shapes (cylinder and hemispheres).
- Study of flow through orifices (slotted orifice, disc, and circular orifice).
- Study of the turbulent phenomena that occur in the final part of the wing of an aircraft.
- Study of the flow through a valve (ISA nozzle).
- Study of the aerodynamics in different types of vehicles (car model, car with spoiler, truck and van).
- Study of the aerodynamics of a spoiler (sports car with wing).