MELH フックの法則 学習用実験装置
The Unit for studying Hooke's Law, "MELH", demonstrates the application of Hooke's Law and allows the visualization of the deformation of tension springs under load and the performance of oscillation experiments on a spring – mass system.
The "MELH" unit includes three springs with two different elastic moduli. They will be suspended from their upper end by hooks anchored to the frame.
Load will be applied to the lower end of the spring by hanging masses from it and the rules included in the unit will be used to read directly the deformation generated in the springs. Thus, the elastic modulus of each spring is obtained by applying Hooke's law.
The unit allows the performance of studies in series and in parallel by combining the springs provided.
- Demonstration of Hooke's law.
- Research on the proportionality of force applied and elongation of the spring.
- Determination of the spring constant.
- Study of the arrangement in series of two tension springs.
- Study of the arrangement in parallel of two tension springs.
- Research on the influence of the spring constant on the oscillation frequency of a mass-spring system.