MIF Inertia Flywheel Unit
The Inertia Flywheel Unit, "MIF", consists of an inertia disc with a rotation shaft at the center of the disc.
The shaft is supported at two points by bearings.
A cord is attached by one of the ends to the shaft and wound around it. At the other end a hanger is available, to adjust the weight. It will make the flywheel have a uniform acceleration movement.
A chronometer is provided to measure the time required by the rope to unwind as a function of the weight applied and, thus, determine the moment of inertia of the flywheel in function of the weight applied.
- Study and analysis of the inertia of a flywheel.
- Experimental determination of the moment of inertia.
- Study of the influence of the weight on the moment of inertia.
- Study of the law of dynamic rotational movement.
- Generate a uniformly accelerated rotational movement.
- Measure the time and the acceleration distance.