The Static and Dynamic Balancing Unit, "MED", developed by EDIBON is a unit to study and analyze the oscillations and vibrations and how to eliminate or diminish them.
Basically, the unit is formed by a shaft mounted on bearings. This shaft is coupled by pulleys to an electrical motor with variable speed that will make it turn. The whole is fixed to the support structure by means of springs which make the unit oscillate in case there are vibrations or forces without being balanced.
This shaft has four discs coupled: one of them is the pulley, two are balancing discs and at the end there is a graduated disc. The discs have drills to proceed, through fixing the masses, to the system destabilization and then to its subsequent balancing.
On the other hand, a piston whose movement will be an alternative perpendicular to the shaft can be coupled to our system. Connection of the piston to the shaft is made with a connecting rod.
A ruler can be used in the Static and Dynamic Balancing Unit, "MED", to see easily the measurement of the system displacement with an indicator placed at the right side of the unit.
An auxiliary module for the electrical supply and the motor speed control, as well as a set of sector masses and weights of different values to do the experiments, are supplied.
- Balance on an individual plane of revolution.
- Balance on separated planes of revolution.
- Simple demonstration experiments.
- Illustrate the dynamic balance of rotation and reciprocating systems.
- Illustrate the balance of reciprocating masses.
- Observe the effects on oscillations of various conditions of partial balance in the reciprocating systems.