MCPG Thick Walled Cylinder Unit
In the Thick-Walled Cylinder Unit, "MCPG", the stresses are determined through the measurement of the strains produced on the surface.These strains are measured by strain gauges.
The thick-walled vessel consists of an aluminum cylinder of length 300 mm, whose walls have a thickness of 50 mm. It is divided into twoparts (closed on both sides) and the strain gauges are arranged in different radii in the center, in an eccentric slot.
In addition, there are also gauges on the inner and outer walls of the cylinder, allowing the measurement of strains in radial, tangentialand axial direction.
Pressure inside is generated with oil by means of a hand-operated hydraulic pump and measured by a manometer located in the cylinder.
- Study of stress in a thick-walled vessel under internal pressure.
- Measurement of strains with strain gauges.
- Study of stress distribution in three axes. Mohr’s circle.
- Determination of normal stress distribution in radial, tangentialand axial direction.
- Analysis of the existing relationships between strains, pressureand stresses generated.