The Protection Relays Control Application, "AEL-AE5", has been designed by EDIBON with the objective of understanding the operation of this type of relays.
This application is composed by the next kind of relays:
- Over current relays which open the circuit when it detects a high level of current previously configured.
- Leakage grounding relay capable to detect possible leakages to ground.
To measure the currents, it is included current protection transformers, and to control the system, a three-pole contactor. Thus, the student can understand the working of the protection relays and simulate some scenes, such as, leakage grounding, through the elements included in this application.
- Checking the woking of the main power supply.
- Checking the woking of the auxiliary power supply.
- Start up of a three-phase contactor.
- Calculation of the transformation ratio of a toroid.
- Start up of an overcurrent relay.
- Start up of an earth leakage relay.