The Liquid/Solid Mixing Unit "EMLS" is made up of a main support frame, in which a dynamo brake motor of adjustable speed and mechanical connections are installed. Diverse types of agitators can be coupled to the motor.
The motor with the above elements can be vertically displaced to locate the agitator at different heights. The mechanical system required to move the motor is made up of a platform that slides along two guides using a spindle and a steering wheel.
To be able to carry out the tests, the unit includes different types of agitators of different size.
The tanks are made of a transparent material to facilitate the observation of the mixing process. There covers to avoid splashes.
The Liquid/Solid Mixing Unit "EMLS" has different safety elements to avoid accidents. These elements disconnect the unit when the door is open or the agitator is up.
- Visualization of fluid fields.
- Power required in the agitation process.
- Suspensions of solids in liquids.
- Formation of solid-liquid solutions.
- Emulsion of immiscible liquids.
- Mixing of miscible liquids.
- Heating process of liquid mass.
- Test with models at scale.
- Quality of mixing / mixing time.
- Power speed of the different agitators.
- Demonstration of the different factors (tanks, deflectors, agitators...), that affect the mixing, using visualization techniques and appropriate measurement.