The Computer Controlled Exhaust Gas Calorimeter, "TBMC-CG", designed by EDIBON, is a calorimeter thought to measure the heat contained in the exhaust gases of a combustion engine.
The Computer Controlled Exhaust Gas Calorimeter, "TBMC-CG", is mounted on a laminated aluminium profiles frame and panels in painted steel.
The main element consists on a double-wall tank made in stainless steel. Through the tank interior the exhaust gases of a combustion engine flow from the lower to the upper part. These gases cross the external surface of a finned steel pipe. Through the pipe interior, crosscurrent water flows with the aim of absorbing the heat contained in the gases which flow through the exterior.
The function of the double-wall is having an air chamber between the gases to be analyzed and the external environment to minimize the heat losses with the exterior.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Determination of the heat content of exhaust gases from test engines.
- Heat and energy balance studies.
- Determination of exhaust gas thermal output power given up.
- To determine the specific heat capacity of exhaust gases.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc. in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the TBMC-CG unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the TBMC-CG unit process.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.