The Unit for the Study of Porous Beds in Venturi Tubes (Darcy´s Equation), "FME24", designed by EDIBON, for the study of porous beds in Venturi tubes (Darcy's Equation), allowing the complete and detailed understanding of this equation.
The unit is formed by a circular section conduit with a truncated cone shape, transparent, and with pressure taps that allow measuring simultaneously the values of static pressure corresponding to any point of
It also has three another conduits, full of sand of different diameters of grain.
The conduit ends can be extracted, so they can be placed in a convergent or in a divergent way in regard to the flow direction.
There is a probe (Pitot’s tube) that moves along the section in order to measure the height of each section (dynamic pressure).
The flow velocity in the unit can be modified by adjusting the control valve and by using the Hydraulics Bench (FME00) or Basic Hydraulic Feed System (FME00/B).
- Demonstration of Bernoulli’s theorem and its limitations in divergent - convergent position.
- Demonstration of Bernoulli’s theorem and its limitations in convergent-divergent position.
- Direct measurement of the static height and of the total distribution of heights in Venturi’s tubes.
- Determination of the exact section in a Venturi’s tube.
- Head losses in the porous bed (elements FME24/A, FME24/B and FME24/C).