The Thermal Expansion Training Unit, "TEDT", allows to study the thermal expansion of different pipe sections and the thermal expansion force.
It comprises original components as used in heating and sanitation systems.
This unit provides measurements for the determination of the thermal expansion of several pipe sections. The unit includes six pipe sections and one of these sections is fitted with an expansion compensator to compensate thermal stress in the pipe. These sections are made of different materials and diameters. Several dial gauges situated on the pipe sections inlet measure the elongation of the pipes and a force measuring device allows to determine the thermal expansion force. The pipe sections can be individually selected using the ball valves situated at the pipe section outlet. The cold and hot water connections made using quick-release couplings. The water inlet temperature can be adjusted by these connections and a mixing faucet. The inlet and outlet lines include two temperature sensors to measure the change of temperature.
- Measurement of the pipe sections elongation.
- Determination of the thermal expansion of different materials such as stainless steel, copper, PVC and PE.
- Study of the effect of varying pipe diameter in the thermal expansion.
- Determination of the thermal expansion coefficients.
- Determination of the thermal expansion force.
- Study of the expansion compensator.