With the Sewerage Unit, "TSID", tests about a wastewater sanitation system can be made and the flow in a sewage system can be observed.
Its design allows the study of the operation and performance of sewage systems. It is specially designed for traing students in the plumbing sector.
A complete sewage system can be observed with the "TSID" unit. The collection of wastewater from a series of sanitary ware and appliances is simulated, since all water supplies must include a downpipe. The unit has 10 toilet tanks at the top, a toilet with tank, a toilet with pressure flush, ventilation pipes and bypass pipes. All of them are controlled by the user with solenoid valves.
The unit is intended for studying pressure and flow in different junctions, cross sections and traps, under different aeration and ventilation conditions.
The water circuit of the unit is closed and consists of a collection tank and a pump to recycle water.
Six manometers are included to study pressure, they indicate the pressure development in the downpipe. Pressure is an essential part to study for the design of sanitation systems, since design errors lead to noise, blockages, etc. A flowmeter is used to measure flow, besides, all the pipes are transparent to allow the flow process visualization.
- Study of flow and pressure in bypass pipes.
- Study of flow and pressure in sanitary valves and fittings.
- Study of different drain pipes.
- Study of an incorrect flow behavior with an error in the pipe sizing.
- Study of incorrect flow behavior with defective aeration of the pipes.
- Study of the pressure curve in the downpipe.
- Study of the flow at a pipe offset.
- Study of the behavior and the effect of suction at the junctions.