The Stand-Alone Photovoltaic Application, "AEL-SAPV", has been designed by EDIBON to study the energy production obtained with photovoltaic panels.
This application will provide the user with the knowledge and the essential skills about the photovoltaic panel operation and the components that take part in the production of electrical energy from solar energy. For this purpose, the unit includes a specific manual explaining, at a theoretical level, the relative aspects to the components of this system such as the charge controller and the current inverter. Furthermore, a series of included and recommended modules are provided for the implementation of these theoretical concepts such as the powering of DC and AC loads from solar energy.
The mobile and orientable panel allows the study of different generation conditions by changing the solar angle of incidence. In addition, the equipment includes lamps that allow studying variations in the intensity of radiation and obtaining different characteristic curves of the solar panel. In this way, the practical exercises can also be carried out independently of the weather conditions.
- Wiring of the photovoltaic installation.
- Measurement of solar irradiation.
- Measurement of the open-circuit voltage.
- Measurement of the short-circuit current.
- Obtaining the I-V characteristic curve of the photovoltaic panel.
- Finding the MPP for the panel under the previously established conditions.
- Study of the influence of the solar irradiation on energy production.
- Study of the inclination angle of the panel in the production of energy.
- DC isolated photovoltaic installation and study of the consumption of electrical loads.
- AC stand-alone photovoltaic installation and study of the consumption of electrical loads.
- Study of the battery charge/discharge operation.
- Study of inverter losses.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.