The Single-Phase Transformer Application, "AEL-SPTT", has been designed by EDIBON to allow the students learn how to carry out different single-phase transformer tests and how they work.
With this application the user will be able to learn everything necessary, both practically and theoretically, to realize different wirings and study the behavior of the transformer. The open circuit and short-circuit tests will be carried out to determinate the most important parameters that will define its behavior. Thanks to that the user will be able to determinate the equivalent circuit as the power losses, and finally its global efficiency. Also, this application includes some resistive, inductive and capacitive loads, with them different connections will be done with the objective of analyzing the differences of the transformer depending on this loads.
The "AEL-SPTT" application includes all the necessary modules to carry out a great variety of practical exercises as the ones described previously. Between this modules a power supply, transformer, ammeters, voltmeters, multimeters an resistive, inductive and capacitive loads are included. Optionally, another transformer can be coupled in order to study the parallel connection of both of them and their mutual behavior.
- Calculation of transformer ratio.
- Carrying out the open circuit test.
- Carrying out the short-circuit test.
- Determination of equivalent circuit.
- Determination of the voltage drop due to a resistive load.
- Determination of the voltage drop due to an inductive load.
- Determination of the voltage drop due to a capacitive load.
- Study the efficiency of the transformer.
- Determination of load which allows the maximum efficiency of the transformer.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.