The Simple Drives Assembly Unit, "MSDA", allows the knowledge and learning of the fundamentals of the mechanical transmission technique, as well as the assembly, disassembly and experimentation with simple gears.
The unit allows to carry out exercises ensuring the learning of six different forms of simple transmission:
- Simple belt drive.
- Simple chain gear.
- Simple spur gear.
- Bevel gear.
- Worm gear.
- Rack-and-pinion drive.
With these six simple forms of transmission, different configurations can be performed putting one's ideas into practice.
The steps to follow for an adequate learning are:
- Proposal of tasks and understanding of the drawings.
- Assembly and adjustment of the parts, gear calibration and check.
- Performance of relevant calculations.
The unit will be driven by means of a steering handles.
A case is provided to facilitate transportation and to ensure the protection of components needed for the assembly and learning.
- Know the important components of the transmissions.
- Know the essential forms of transmission:
- Single-belt transmission.
- Simple straight gears.
- Conical gears.
- Rack and pinion gears.
- Endless screw gears.
- Perform calculations in mechanical transmissions.
- Learn the practical assembly of the various possible configurations of mechanical transmissions, and learn to adjust and align.
- Understanding of technical diagrams and familiarization with them.