The Series/Parallel Pumps Bench, "PBSPB", is designed to demonstrate the operational advantages of parallel or series operation, depending on the required duty.
This unit consists of two centrifugal pumps, a feed water tank, circulation pipes, regulation valves, three pressure meters and a flow meter.
The centrifugal pumps can operate: alone, coupled in series or in parallel. A three-phase motor activates a pump with possibility of adjustment and measurement of the turn speed as well as of the transmitted mechanic torque, and a single-phase motor activates the other pump.
The pumps are installed in a pipes system, which, as it is a closed circuit, avoids the permanent waste of water during the operation.
By the appropiate positioning of the valves it is possible to connect the pumps individually, in series or in parallel, depending on which test is going to be performed.
- Obtaining of curves H (Q), N (Q), Eff% (Q).
- Obtaining of the map of a centrifugal pump.
- Adimensional study of magnitudes H*, N* and Q*.
- Cavitation test and obtaining of curves NPSHr.
- Series coupling of two pumps with same characteristics.
- Series coupling of two pumps of different characteristics.
- Parallel coupling of two pumps with same characteristics.
- Parallel coupling of two pumps of different characteristics.
- Sensors calibration.