The Centrifugal Pump Characteristics, "FME13", designed by EDIBON, allows the study of several centrifugal pump characteristics such as efficiency, series/parallel couplings, etc.
The unit has a centrifugal pump with similar characteristics to the one in the Hydraulics Bench (FME00) and the Basic Hydraulic Feed System (FME00/B). It is armed with two Bourdon-type pressure manometers placed at the pump’s inlet and outlet. There is another one in the discharge accessory supplied with the unit.
The pump is driven by a three-phase asynchronous motor whose speed can be varied by a speed variator.
The unit has visualization display that allows to know the rpm and the power consumed.
It is included a discharge accessory, with manometer, flow control valve and diffuser.
The variator’s control panel allows to vary the pump speed and the start.
- Obtaining of the curves H (Q), N (Q), Eff% (Q) of a centrifugal pump.
- Making of the map of a centrifugal pump.
- Representation of the adimensional curves H*, N* and rpm*.
- Series coupling of two pumps of similar characteristics.
- Series coupling of two pumps of different characteristics.
- Parallel coupling of two pumps of similar characteristics.
- Parallel coupling of two pumps of different characteristics.