The Computer Controlled Pyrolysis Unit, "EPIRC", has been designed to study the pyrolysis process by thechemical decomposition of organic matter and multiple materials, with different temperature ramp rates.
It consists of two main parts: a pyrolysis chamber and an afterburner chamber of the flue gases producedin the pyrolysis process (smoke purification). The pyrolysis chamber is heated by a heating element whilethe afterburner chamber of the smoke is equipped with a gas burner.
The furnace enables the pyrolysis of a wide range of raw materials, such as wood or plastics, by varyingthe operating temperature and the heating speed in the process. A gas analyzer is supplied to test theeffect of the operating conditions.
Temperature sensors and temperature control are included in both chambers as well as different safetymeasures to ensure safe handling, such as open door switch or internal safety mist system in the event offlame production.
This unit can be operated manually through the PLC of the installation itself, or from the Computer ControlSystem (SCADA) designed by EDIBON, which enables operating conditions to be adjusted and data tobe acquired and processed.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + ComputerControl, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in theprocess.
- Study of the pyrolysis process.
- Effect of operating temperature on the pyrolysis process.
- Effect of the heating rate (temperature ramp rate) on the pyrolysisprocess.
- Study of the pyrolysis process of different raw materials.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the EPIRC unit process.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.