The QCCC unit for cracking and distilling oil is a complete lab tool that allows to the students to carry out a cracking reaction, and the study and the control of different variables that condition it.
The Computer Controlled Cracking Column, "QCCC", for cracking and distilling oil is a complete lab tool that allows to the students to carry out a cracking reaction, and the study and the control of different variables that condition it. Also, the production cycle will be completed by means of a separation, purification and analysis of the obtained products in that cracking reaction.This unit is controlled from a computer. That allows a register of temperature and pressure data and the control of the cracking and distillation processes. Control software is easy and intuitive.
It consists of a glass body, perfectly fixed to an aluminum structure, which allows its handling with complete security, and several systems that allow to control the reaction: stirring, cooling, emptying and heating.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Carry out cracking reactions.
- Influence of the temperature in the Ricinoleic Acid cracking reaction (gradual increment of temperature).
- Influence of the temperature in the Ricinoleic Acid cracking reaction (sudden increment of temperature).
- Influence of the pressure in the Ricinoleic Acid pyrolysis reaction (working pressure too low).
- Influence of pressure in the Ricinoleic Acid pyrolysis reaction (low working pressure).
- Work with different heating gradients, regulated through the computer.
- Work with different pressures, regulated through the computer.
- Pitch as a catalyst.
- Simple distillation.
- Separation in its components of the product mixture of cracking.
- Heptanal purification.
- Undecylenic acid purification.
- Application of samples on TLC plates.
- Thin layer chromatography plates analysis.
- Study of several parameters that influence the analysis by thin layer chromatography.
- Other simple practices as calibration of instruments, preparation of samples, etc.
- Sensors calibration.
- Cleaning the system.
- Monogram of pressure.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the QCCC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the QCCC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.