The Computer Controlled Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit, "HCCC", allows the students to measure the operation characteristics of a multistage centrifugal compressor.
The Computer Controlled Centrifugal Compressor Demonstration Unit, "HCCC", allows the students to measure the operation characteristics of a multistage centrifugal compressor. For that purpose, the unit carries out the actual measurements of the compressor's inlet flow, the speed and power of the compressor, the differential pressure to know the pressure increment in the compressor, and the temperature at the air inlet and outlet.
There are two transparent ducts with butterfly valves at the inlet and outlet of the multiple-stage compressor to regulate the inlet and outlet flows.
Besides, the unit includes a variable speed drive to change the compressor speed from the computer.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Calculation of the flow by means of the orifice plate.
- Demonstration of the air compression phenomenon, after passing through the compressor impeller.
- Calculation of the characteristic curve of a centrifugal compressor at a constant turn speed according to the flow used by the symmetrical stopper.
- Representation of the characteristic curves of a multiple-stage compressor.
- Calculation of the efficiency of the compressor.
- Study of the variation of compressor efficiency with speed.
- Introduction to the scaling similarity laws.
- Study and comparison of the practical results and the results calculated by the students.
- Sensors calibration.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the HCCC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the HCCC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.