The Computer Controlled and Touch Screen Pilot Plant for the Grape Treatment, "UV00", designed by EDIBON, is a pilot plant in which the main production processes related to grapes are carried out.
- GD/CTS. Computer Controlled and Touch Screen Grape Destemming Unit: The first step in the treatment of the grapes is the washing and the destemming, a process in which dirt, dust and scrapings are removed from the bunches, as well as a light pressing (a process that is carried out in the destemmer).
- TMVF. Two Tanks for Maceration, Vatting and Fermentation of Wine: The next step in the production of wine is the vatting of the must produced during approximately 6 days as the first step of fermentation, this process is not carried out if the final product is juice.
- HGP/CTS. Computer Controlled and Touch Screen Hydraulic Grape Press: Subsequently, the product coming from the destemmer is introduced into a press, where a liquid and filtered product is obtained. The use of a press increases the productivity of the process by being able to obtain a greater quantity of liquid that is not retained in the pomace.
- TERA. Refrigeration or Heating Water Recirculation Unit: For the elaboration of the juice, after pressing, a conditioning and sterilization process would be carried out before proceeding to its bottling or concentrate. In winemaking, the must obtained after pressing must be stored under controlled conditions, 15 °C and a relative humidity between 60 % and 80 %.
- EDLC. Computer Controlled Liquid Packaging Teaching Unit: Storage may be in barrels or directly into the bottle. This pilot plant incorporates a bottling machine equipped with a filter to remove any impurities it may contain.
These units are supplied with EDIBON's own designed SCADA + PLCHMI (system composed of an interface including PLC as the CPU, digital I/O module, analog I/O module, communication module, etc. and a control box with HMI display) to control the whole process and all the parameters involved in the bottling process.
- Study of the grape destemming process.
- Calculation of the weight of impurities and stems in grape bunches.
- Influence of the speed of rotation in the destemming process.
- Influence of roller adjustment on grape pressing.
- Study of the operation of a hydraulic system.
- Study of grape pressing in a hydraulic press.
- Study of the influence of the working pressure on the grape pressing.
- Calculation of the pressing efficiency.
- Study of the influence of the type of grape on the must yield.
- Study of wine filtration.
- Study of the influence of fermentation time on the final product.
- Study of the influence of fermentation temperature on the final product.
- Calculation of the alcohol content of wine.
- Study of the operation of a plate filter.
- Study of the pressure drop in a plate filter.
- Study of the bottle filling process.
- Study of the operation of a by-pass regulation system.
- Study of the wine maceration process.
- Study of the wine racking process.
- Study of the process of vatting, devatting and bleeding of wine.
- Study of the influence of the maceration temperature on the must.
- Study of the influence of the vatting temperature on the must.
- Sensors calibration.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. Each unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc. in real time.
- Each unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software safety devices.
- Each unit can be used for doing applied research.
- Each unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the UV00 pilot plant process.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.